Why River Canyon Roof Tents? (and price guide)
- We have carefully chosen premium quality Ripstop Polyester material. Thick and as resistant as Ripstop poly-cotton without the weight. Public research of our sample materials led to a clear preference for Ripstop Polyester, especially here in the UK and northern European countries. Ripstop Polyester is water-proof so ensures you stay cosy and dry in our adverse British weather. We also think it has a better feel and sleek look to it. With windows all round, airflow in the warmer summer months is easy to achieve.
- Lightweight better for vehicle stability on expedition, quicker drying times, less chance of mold and mildew formation.
- We have opted to equip our tents with the more expensive alloy brackets (as opposed to a regular plastic type) so as to ensure durability and longer life.
- To add that quality look and comfort feeling, our tents come as standard with interior fabric wrapped poles.
- All tents also come as standard with ladder and integrated mattress.
- Our tents can be erected and packed away in just 10 minutes.
- We have carefully chosen a design and colour sequence that we think sets them apart from the standard army colours other roof tent suppliers may offer; keeping an olive and black colour scheme added with subtle hint of orange just to set them apart.
- Adjusts to fit onto pretty much any standard roof rack (please ask if unsure).
- 1 year Guarantee*
- We love our own product and as such would be happy to demonstrate setup on anyone’s vehicle before they buy (except show events).
- Tent: We currently hold stock of the spacious 2-4 man roof tent with extension. This is 143cm x 310cm x 126cm open with extension over the ladder and permitting an annex (inc. waterproof PVC floor and providing extra storage / cooking / changing room area if required. The sleep area is 240cm long, with the extension measuring 70cm. The tent can be mounted to come off the side (entry from the annex into the back door of a vehicle) or off the back (providing entry access directly to the back door of a 4×4 or the boot of a vehicle)
- Our Awning is the Foxwing which can be affixed to either side of a vehicle. The left would bring shade to the left side and round the back of the vehicle for more “people” space under it. Sitting it along the right side would bring shade to the right side of the vehicle as well as the front, keeping the front of the vehicle cool and in the shade.
- Available in 2019: Awning sides which completely or partially close the space as you wish. 2 wings will have their own large doors & fly-screens which in turn can be popped out to provide their own awning – Awnings on the awning! Also: “We have listened to you in 2018″ and designed & manufactured unique sides, in 2 parts for more versatility; with windows, doors… (and almost a conservatory!). See our gallery for different set up’s and awning pictures (NB: the images of the sides are pre-manufacture examples of the pre-modified design).
SALES / RENTAL
- Located in the beautiful Cotswolds and close to the Royal forest of Dean, we offer our tents for sale or rental, please contact for details.
- Festivals: Stay in the cleaner / quieter camper-van areas; with our rental scheme this can be affordable for all.
- We’ve managed to keep our pricing low whilst keeping the quality high with our spacious tents starting at just £1279 (inc. roomy zip-on/off annex room). Foxwing Awnings: £399
- Foxwing Awning Sides £399 (6 sides in 2 (3×2 Panels) with doors, windows, fly screens and vehicle entrance access (back door and boot / back door).
- Rental: Tent from £110 (2 nights)
*THE BORING (but essential) STUFF
- Although we have quality checked your purchase for all parts included and undamaged we can only consider such related claims up to 7 days from purchase date. We therefore strongly recommend that even if you do not intend to mount your purchase, that you unpackage and check it personally ensuring that you are completely satisfied.
- As with all new items due care is essential. If mounting your roof tent yourself, please follow the instructions carefully as we cannot be responsible for any damage incurred whilst mounting. Alternatively we provide a mounting service for £99 should you require.
- Foxwing awning: When opening, we advise & recommend doing so by securing wing by wing one at a time (2 people especially when windy). This will avoid any unnecessary stress on the central brackets & horizontal poles upon setup.